Burnett Attorneys & Notaries is a boutique law firm servicing the entire geographical area of Gauteng and Cape Town. Our core philosophy is that there isn’t a problem that does not have a solution in law. Whatever the obstacle in your path, there is a method to clear the way.
No matter who you are as a person or what your problem is, we will not turn you away. We understand that each situation is unique, so we strive to ensure all of our client’s cases are handled with the sensitivity and dedication they deserve.
Trusted South African Law Firm
If you are looking for a committed and professional legal team, look no further. At Burnett Attorneys & Notaries, we have a desire for justice that you can see in all aspects of how we handle our client’s cases. You can rest assured that we will try to resolve your issues in a firm and decisive legal manner while still showing the sensitivity our clients deserve.
We will help you navigate the intricacies of the legal processes and the court system with care and compassion, ensuring you have a clear understanding every step of the way. We know how stressful these situations can get, and to make this easier on you, we guarantee quick response times to any questions and concerns that might arise during your time with us.
Our extensive knowledge of Family Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Law, Criminal Law, and General Litigation is second to none, evident in the trustworthy guidance we will put into helping you with your unique situation.
We opt for a transparent relationship with our clients so that we both know where we stand throughout the process, from estimated costs to possible timeframes to being open and honest about potential case outcomes.
What Do We Do?
Our dedicated team Burnett Attorneys & Notaries, provides an array of services, including:
When it comes to Family Law, we at Burnett Attorneys understand how sensitive these matters can be. For this reason, we strive to ensure that every step of the process is handled as compassionately as possible.
From navigating aspects surrounding the family to setting up the perfect prenup in a relaxed environment to dealing with the fallout if things don’t work out as planned, our team will guide you giving you sound legal advice and protecting your interests.
Our focus area includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Divorce: Contested and uncontested divorces, including foreign marriages
- Child Custody Matters: Parent plans, custody issues, relocations
- Child Support: Including amendments to maintenance orders
- Child Visitation: Including visitation and custody agreements
- Spousal Support & Maintenance: Including those from deceased estates
- Paternity: Any issues surrounding paternity and rights of unmarried fathers
- Adoptions: Both in-country and international
- Child Courts: Assisting with any proceedings in the Child Courts
- Issues Surrounding Surrogacy
- Domestic Violence
- Protection Orders
We strive to assist you in any aspects regarding legislation pertaining to transactions between you and your business associates, whether you are the buyer or seller. We also deal with legislation surrounding merchants changing their services and goods.
Our primary focus is on one of the tenants of the Intellectual Property Law, namely trademarks. We can aid you in this regard by:
- Giving advice on which marks may be registrable
- Carrying out searches prior to registration to ensure that there are no marks or similar marks already registered.
- We can offer advice and help plan strategies for the different actions necessary in certain countries.
- Complete and file applications with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commissions
- Correspond on your behalf with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commissions
- Help with any infringements
- Watch for marks that might conflict with yours
- Offer any other advice you may need regarding your marks
We are here to help you with any legal dispute you wish to bring before a Magistrate, Regional, or High Court. For example, if a grievance or dispute between yourself and others has become large enough to inspire you or the other party to take legal action. Or you feel you need to seek relief from said courts to enforce a right to which you are entitled.
A criminal offense can have drastic and long-lasting effects on your life. If you land up with a conviction, you could lose your job, go to jail, or both. You could also lose other amenities which you are accustomed to having in your life. For this reason, if you find yourself facing criminal charges, you should ensure that you seek experienced legal representation to help mitigate any fallout that might occur.
Our Burnett Attorneys team can provide you with knowledge and experience in this instance, making ourselves available at short notice to help protect your rights whether you have been arrested, charged with an offense, or are being investigated.
Our focus area includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Drunk driving charges
- Drug-related offences
- Criminal Litigation
- Bail applications
- Assault charges
- Criminal record expungment
- SAPS clearance records
- Sentence and plea agreements
Suppose you find yourself in a situation where you have experienced an injury to your mind, emotional state, or body resulting from someone else’s negligence. In that case, we are here to help you through this challenging process. We feel so strongly about these cases that we have a no-win-no-charge policy, which means we will only charge you for the case if we win.
Several instances might call for a Personal Injury claim, and these include but are not limited to the following:
- Accidents that occur in a public space such as a restaurant: Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Animal attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Medical negligence
- Train accidents: Including falling or being pushed out of a train
- Being assaulted by a security or police officer
- Becoming ill after consuming a purchased product
Types of claims include:
- General damages
- Future loss of income
- Past loss of income
- Future and past medical expenses
- Future and past hospital expenses
“To every problem there is already a solution, whether you know it or not.”
– Grenville Kleiser
Always give pure and honest advice
No generic solutions. Solutions must be tailor-made to fit each and every individual
Represent with the highest degree of integrity, efficiency and professionalism.
real solutions for real problems
We can be contacted telephonically on (012) 941 2260 or you can visit us at our offices.
For extreme emergencies you can contact us on (071) 462 4641